Pickhead Fireman's axe with a 32" curved hickory handle. Traditional pickhead style. 6 lb. Cutting bit on one end and a pick designed to penetrate on the other. Used in all manner of municipal fire fighting applications, chopping, battering, forcible entry, door stop, etc.. Cutting edge is approximately 5" in overall length.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Body fully polished, hand sharpened tapered cutting edge and pick.
- Heat treated cutting edge and pick produces fine grain structure and RC 45-55 (Rockwell Hardness Value) for safety, edge holding and toughness.
- Body coated with fire engine red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 32" American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.